UENL Stichting Objection Letter
At United Expats of the Netherlands Stichting, we have always done our utmost to provide every community member with the best service and advice possible, given the constraints, the unknowns, and the complexity of the situation. This Objection Letter is only provided as a community resource with the SOLE goal to facilitate the ability of the affected individual to object to the legislation via a thorough, comprehensive, and robust letter. This letter is specifically for anyone affected by the changes to the 30% Rule which became effective on 1 January 2019.
The use of this letter is an individual decision. It is up to every community member to assess his or her own legal position and decide whether sending this Objection Letter is in his or her own best legal interest. In order to download the Objection Letter, UENL Stichting requires that you agree with and acknowledge the following:
1. This Objection Letter is not and shall not be construed to be an admission of liability or an admission of the truth of any fact on the part of United Expat of the Netherlands Stichting
2. It is recommended that the Objection Letter is filled in with the help of someone who has command over the Dutch language and that legal advice is sought should the affected individual deem such support necessary
3. It is possible that the Objection Letter will be deemed inadmissible by the Belastingdienst on the basis that the letter against which the objection is made is NOT appealable and the decision made is not subject to legal objection and appeal.
4. This Objection Letter is made available solely to suggest and assist every community member in taking – what currently seems - the safest and most effective legal step. However, when and how to use it is entirely the responsibility of the affected community member
5. It is strongly recommended that affected individuals assess, with the legal aid of a qualified lawyer, whether objecting serves their own best legal interest.
Community Member Agreement: *
To download this letter, UENL Stichting asks that you confirm the following statements:
UENL Objection Template Letter
Below you will find two different template options. One template is for individuals who have received a letter from the Belastingdienst about the law change while the other is for those individuals who have not yet - for some reason - received this letter. We have also included a brief English summary of the templates, but recommend that you work with a native Dutch speaker to ensure you fully understand the letter.
You can refer back to the Take Action page for details on submitting this objection letter.
Should you have any questions that cannot be addressed in the FAQ, please use the Contact Us form on this website and your question will be answered as soon as possible.
The UENL Board